Seafood Pasta Recipe
Seafood pasta is a mouth-watering dish that combines the goodness of seafood with the comforting flavors of pasta. This dish is perfect for seafood lovers who also appreciate a hearty bowl of pasta. This recipe typically uses a combination of shrimp, scallops, and mussels, but you can use any seafood of your choice. The seafood is cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce with garlic, herbs, and white wine. The pasta is cooked al dente and then tossed with the seafood sauce, creating a deliciously rich and flavorful meal.
Seafood pasta is believed to have originated in Italy, a country known for its delicious pasta dishes. It is a popular dish in coastal areas and is a perfect way to showcase fresh seafood. This dish can be found in various Italian restaurants around the world and is often enjoyed by seafood lovers.
Seafood pasta is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or even as an appetizer. It is often served with a side salad or some garlic bread to soak up the delicious sauce. This dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner, date night, or a gathering with friends.
One of the great things about seafood pasta is that it is easy to make at home. You can use frozen seafood or fresh seafood, depending on what is available. This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days and reheated on the stove or in the microwave. Seafood pasta can also be frozen for up to three months, making it a great option for meal prep or leftovers.
Overall, seafood pasta is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the flavors of the sea with the comfort of pasta. It is a dish that is enjoyed all over the world and can be customized to suit different tastes and preferences.
Seafood Pasta Recipe
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Large pan for making the sauce and cooking seafood
- Knife and cutting board for dicing onion and mincing garlic
- Spoon for stirring ingredients in the pan
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lb mixed seafood (shrimp, scallops, calamari, etc.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, and white wine to the pan, stirring to combine.
- Add the mixed seafood to the pan and let it cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked through.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add it to the pan with the seafood sauce. Toss to coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 458
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- Sodium: 384mg
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 38g
Leave a Reply