Beer Batter Fish Recipe
This Beer Batter Fish recipe is perfect for seafood lovers. The fish is coated in a light and crispy beer batter that is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table. This recipe serves 4 to 8 people and takes about 20 minutes to prepare and 10-15 minutes to cook. The total time is around 35 minutes.
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Deep fryer or large pot
- Slotted spoon or tongs
- 1 lb firm white fish fillets (such as cod or haddock)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup beer
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and beer.
- Pour the beer mixture into the flour mixture and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or a deep fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the fish fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the fish into 8 equal pieces.
- Dip each piece of fish into the batter, making sure it is fully coated.
- Carefully place each piece of fish into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 16g
Dish Originating from:Beer Batter Fish is a popular dish that originated in the United Kingdom.
Mostly Eating Country or Countries:Beer Batter Fish is enjoyed all over the world, but it’s particularly popular in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Cuisine/Categories:This dish falls under the category of Seafood, Appetizer, Main course, Pub Food
How to Store it?Leftover Beer Batter Fish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. While it’s possible to freeze Beer Batter Fish, the texture and quality may be compromised. It’s best to enjoy this dish fresh.
How Long Does it Last?Beer Batter Fish is best when served fresh, but it can last in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Estimated Cost:The cost of this dish may vary depending on the type of fish used and the cost of ingredients in your region.
Cook it at Home or Outside or Cook both sides:Beer Batter Fish can be cooked at home using a deep fryer or a large pot of hot oil. It’s important to cook the fish until it’s golden brown and crispy on both sides.
What are Other Foods or Drinks that Pair with this Dish?Beer Batter Fish pairs well with a variety of sides, such as french fries, coleslaw, or a green salad. It’s also a great dish to pair with a cold beer or a refreshing cocktail.
Community Tips and Praise:
- For extra flavor, try adding spices or herbs to the batter, such as paprika, cayenne pepper, or chopped parsley.
- To ensure that the fish cooks evenly, be sure to maintain a consistent oil temperature and avoid overcrowding the fryer or pot.
- This dish is a crowd-pleaser and is sure to impress your guests with its crispy texture and delicious flavor.
Leave a Reply